Johan and Debbie Minnaar are our senior pastors at ChurchAlive, and they are passionate about the local church and empowering people for God’s purpose. They were married in 1996 and have three sons. Previous business owners, they began leading ChurchAlive in 2007 as a couple. Their vision is to see the Church reaching out to its community with a message of hope, both locally and worldwide. They believe in equipping every generation to be effective in all that they are called to be.
Meet the team
Campus Manager and Accounts
Media and Production
Media and Production
Video and Production
The Daughters of our house are highly valued. We believe each woman is a beloved daughter of a heavenly father, and would like to invite you to join us at one of our Daughters events. Watch out for the next event to find out when and where to register.
There are Young Adults who meet in LifeGroups and a Young Adults Connect on a Thursday evening once a month.
Men’s events are aimed at enriching the lives of our men on a spiritual and social level. The Legends arrange inspirational speakers as well as outdoor activities. Watch out for the next event to find out when and where to register.
Our seniors group, AmazingGreys meet several times a year. This group is for those with grandchildren and / or those who are retired. They meet regularly, so watch out for details of their next event.
Vision and Mission
Create a Legacy: this is a phrase you will hear frequently at ChurchAlive. It comes from our vision statement:
“Create a legacy that will empower the next generation to be effective in God’s Kingdom tomorrow”.
These numbers are key to our vision.
Over a 10-year period (2015-2025), we aim to have an impact on 15% of people
under 20 years of age, who are within a 5km radius of ChurchAlive.
Statement of Faith
- We believe in God the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth.
- We believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord.
- He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. Under Pontius Pilate, He was crucified, died, and was buried.
- Through His sacrifice, He paid the price to conquer sin and death, and on the third day he rose again.
- He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of God the Father, where he intercedes for us now.
- Jesus will come again to judge the living and the dead.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, who empowers us to live God’s purposes for our lives.
- We believe in the holy universal Church, the communion of saints and that every believer needs to belong to a local church, where they are called to give expression of their faith through worship and acts of service.
- We believe in forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of our bodies, and in life everlasting.
- We believe that the whole Bible is God’s inspired Word that teaches everything we need for life and godly living.
+27 11 678 6416
WhatsApp: 061 055 1520