Johan and Debbie Minnaar are our senior pastors at ChurchAlive, and they are passionate about the localchurch and the people that make it up. They were married in 1996 and have three sons. Previous business owners they began leading ChurchAlive in 2007 as a couple. Their vision is to see the Church reaching out to its community with a message of hope, both locally and worldwide. They believe in equipping every generation to be effective in all that they are called to be, wherever they find themselves.
Statement of Faith
- We believe in God the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth.
- We believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord.
- He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. Under Pontius Pilate, He was crucified, died, and was buried.
- Through His sacrifice, He paid the price to conquer sin and death, and on the third day he rose again.
- He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of God the Father, where he intercedes for us now.
- Jesus will come again to judge the living and the dead.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, who empowers us to live God's purposes for our lives.
- We believe in the holy universal Church, the communion of saints and that every believer needs to belong to a local church, where they are called to give expression of their faith through worship and acts of service.
- We believe in forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of our bodies, and in life everlasting.
- We believe that the whole Bible is God's inspired Word that teaches everything we need for life and godly living.
We form a part of a group of churches known as the 'Assemblies of God Group Churches' of South Africa, led by our chairman, Pastor Donovan Coetzee. Find out more about the “AOG” at www.assemblies.org.za.
We are committed to our international community. Preferred Future is the outreach arm of the AOG. Alongside them we have committed to sending and supporting Liz Gelling (a member of ChurchAlive) to work on the Zambia Project (www.zam.co.za) for a period of time.
Vision and Values
These numbers are key to our vision. Over a 10-year period (2015-2025), we aim to have an impact on 15% of people under 20 years of age, who are within a 5km radius of ChurchAlive.
We have 3 key focus areas at ChurchAlive: Connection, Commitment and Community. This ministry philosophy permeates all that we do.